It seems like the more I house-hunt online, the more depressed I become. Even though the housing market is down, prices in my area still seem so expensive!
Luckily my dad is a realtor and he’s helping to educate me about what I should look for.
Dad’s realtor criteria that I’m going to try to follow:
- Located in an area with good schools (the top criteria)
- 2 bed, 2 bath (much easier to sell in the long run)
On top of this, here’s my own personal criteria:
- Walk-in closet for the master (I’m very spoiled in my current apartment)
- Lots of light!
- Open, updated kitchen with lots of counter space
- A gas stove (I hate electric!)
- A washer and dryer inside the unit
- Adequate storage
- 2 car garage (negotiable)
I won’t be meeting up with a lender anytime soon so it’s difficult to estimate my loan amount right now.
If I had my way, the housing market would stay down until I finally get a place!!! Haha.