- she tracks her spending to the PENNY
- she rents out her parking space for $250 per month
- she empties out her checking account for the month and puts it into savings to make sure she doesn’t spend more than she earns
- she shops when she’s bored
- she buys a lot of groceries
Wow this San Franciscan really does sound a lot like me! Except that I:
- Earn extra income by way of my Etsy shop, on average of $200 a month or so
- I track my spending to the penny as well, but through Mint.com and yodlee… I’m done with tracking via spreadsheet because it is too time consuming
- I don’t empty out my account once the month is over. I think that is a bit extreme.
Other than that, sounds about right.
It seems like her greatest vice is shopping when she’s bored, and that is definitely my biggest problem. I don’t know… I feel like I’m saving and investing SO much already ($1000 savings in cash per month, 15% of paycheck pre-tax to 401K) that a little extra retail therapy shouldn’t be too bad, right?
Am I just in denial?