A while ago I spotted these Miu Miu patent scrunchy oxfords (in black) at Nordstrom Rack and since I’ve been into oxfords lately I slipped them on.
Very Annie Hall, no? Other names for them: brogues, jazz/dance shoes, and closely related to spectators.
The moment I put them on I felt they were very comfortable and definitely very fashion forward. Then I put them back on the racks and said goodbye. The $170 price tag most definitely put me off but playful experimentation is always a good thing in my book. They’re currently sold out at Saks and originally retail for $450.
Fast forward a few months later and I couldn’t forget about them. I searched the racks but I knew they were gone!
Then lo and behold, a few days ago I found them again in the designer shoe section… with an additional 35% off. They were $120 after tax and I’m getting a $20 gift certificate in the mail for spending over $100.
My boyfriend HATES THEM. ‘Hates’ with a capital H. He thinks they look too much like men’s shoes. I think they are so incredible (I love the patent shine and the wingtip detail) but my feet look longer with them on and square-ish toe does bother me a little bit. If the toe were a little more rounded or slightly pointed then they would be absolute perfection.
I’m not sure what to do! I tried them on with over-the-knee black socks and a multitude of shorts and blazers and they do look cute with the right outfit. I know I definitely have at least 4 outfits that work well with them.
Alexa Chung loves oxfords apparently and she does pull them off well:
- Gorgeous and supple patent leather
- They’re Miu Miu!
- Roughly 75% off from the original retail price
- Very fashion forward and unique
- Geared towards British and French street fashion, which I am IN LOVE WITH
- They’re flat!!! Flat soles means I’m able to wear them during the day. I rarely wear heels.
- Still a little bit expensive
- I’m short! May not look as good on me.
- Toe is square-ish
- As a result of the toe shape, it makes my feet look 3/4″ longer than they really are