*NOTE: This budget is for shopping/food/gas only, or expense that I can control fully. I’m not including fixed expenses (rent, utilities, medical bills) because they’re fixed and honestly pretty boring to talk about. My TOTAL spending is not reflected in this budget *
1. Shoes and Accessories
- Black Suede Minnetonkas $24 from Ebay
- Converse Elastic Lace Ups $15 from Loehmann’s
- Steve Madden Rusttik Suede boots $30 from Loehmann’s
- Vince Camuto Gordon Lace Up Shooties $15 from Loehmann’s
- Forever 21 Silk Pants $32
- Romeo and Juliet Couture blue tank $6 from Loehmanns’
- RVCA Sleeveless White Button-down $5 from Loehmann’s
- Breton Striped Top from Asos.com $31
- French Connection Starlight sequin woven top $15 from Loehmann’s
- Sequin Max Studio Tank $10 from Loehmann’s
- Romeo and Juliet Couture sequin blazer $15 from Loehmann’s
So-so. I thought February would also be a NO-CLOTHES-SHOPPING month but…. that was a big fat failure. Haha.
I’m happy I that ended up in the black, at least. After a month of not shopping for clothes I guess I started to binge at Loehmann’s. I’m the type that wears a newly purchased item the very next day… So I wear everything I buy at least one time. (Isn’t it easy to see that I’m trying to convince myself to feel better about my clothing binge??? Haha.)
I feel like I know my style well enough to know what items I will actually wear. And according to this month, it seems to be everything black. 50% of my wardrobe is either black or white or gray. You can’t go wrong with those colors. Pops of color are meant for playful accessories, IMHO.
Oh and yes, I did indeed buy a breton top (the exact one above, from ASOS.com) that I was obsessing about earlier this month.
Next months plans?
- No more roommate/apartment-mate!!! I’m finally living on my own in a cute little one bedroom apartment. My 2 bedroom lease ends at the end of March, but the 1 bedroom lease starts March 14th. (I wasn’t able to push it forward, so I’m stuck with mid-March) That means moving in will be a long and hopefully easy process. And I’ll be able to ‘escape’ from my hellish apartment-mate way before our 2 bedroom lease ends.
- The short sale townhouse is still waiting for approval.
- I opted for a 4 month lease for the 1 bedroom apartment just in case the approval comes early. This means rent will be MUCH more expensive compared to what I pay right now. I can’t afford to shop as much as I usually do in the coming months. I really don’t want to be spending more than I’m bringing in. This is really going to be crunch time in terms of my spending.