*NOTE: This budget is for shopping/food/gas only, or expense that I can control fully. I’m not including fixed expenses (mortgage, utilities, medical bills) because they’re fixed and honestly pretty boring to talk about. My TOTAL spending is not reflected in this budget *
2. Shoes and Accessories
- Chanel Outdoor Ligne Purse (bought from here)- $1325
- Plasteramic Toy Watch via Ebay – $177
- Alexander Wang Diego (OTTE NY refinery29 deal) – $412.50
- Dara Ettinger Drusy Studs (OTTE NY refinery29 deal) – $41
- Dara Ettinger Amethyst Ring (OTTE NY refinery29 deal) – $46.50
(Sidenote: refinery29 had a Groupon-ish deal where you could buy $1000 of credit for $500 and seeing that Alexander Wang is NEVER on sale with the exception of GILT or Hautelook deals, I jumped on it. I’ve been lucky with Alexander Wang in the past with a black Baby Rocco from GILT for a mere $340.
The price for the Diego is $825 retail and probably around $600 or so on Ebay depending on the seller. If you’d like to get a similar deal, go to refinery29 here. Unfortunately at the time of this blog post they only have $400 and $200 deals remaining instead of the full $1000. The Alexander Wang Diego on OTTE NY is now sold out, but they do have many other designer bags and shoes on sale.)
3. Toiletries and cosmetics
- Canmake liquid eyebrow via Ebay – $15
- Petites sparkle polish from Rite Aid – $4.36
- Charcoal nose mask from Pam – $15
- The Face Shop Night Spot Eraser via Ebay – $23.95
BLOODY MARY! I spent a lot. Today is the last day of my workplace’s fiscal year. I received my bonus and bought 2 designer handbags within a month. Pretty insane. I knew what I was getting myself into when I bought the Diego, but I couldn’t pass this deal up. I don’t regret it because of the bonus, tax refund, I doubled my average Etsy shop income in March, and received some gift money, but its far too easy to go off the deep end with big purchases like these. Thankfully I moved $2K over to emergency/long term-savings so I’m pretty happy with that.
Next months plans?
- Continue this nice surge of Etsy sales <3
- The universe must NOT tempt me with another designer bag. PLEASE!