3. Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel – My HG! Okay my secret is out. I have been using this for more than 3 years as my silicone-based face primer. If I forget to use it in the morning my makeup fades very quickly! For the amount of product, the cheap price and the payoff, this is my HG primer. I will caution you though, that some people do find it clogging for their skin, so do test it out sparingly first. See the 680+ makeupalley reviews here for more info.
4. Fiberwig Mascara – I generally use my HG mascara, L’oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara for everyday use, but for Hawaii I’ll bring my Fiberwig. There is no potential for smudged eyes while using this, and it gives a very natural lash look.
5. Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer in 06 – My HG! This concealer is a good match for my skin and I find the staying power and coverage very nice for both the undereye area, redness and blemishes.
6. Shiseido Eyelash Curler – My HG! I honestly did give the Shu Uemura curler a fair trial but the curvature didn’t match my eye shape well. The Sephora cashier was shocked I was returning it! I’ve stuck with this curler for many years and it has never failed me.
7. Too Faced Shadow Insurance – I made the switch to Too Faced on a whim when my Urban Decay Primer Potion was running out. It is more emollient but the jury’s out (at least for me) whether or not this is better than UD’s.
8. Sonia Kashuk Remove – My HG! I love Lancome Bi facil but it’s too pricey for me. Neutrogena’s eye makeup remover didn’t cut it. Neither did the Pond’s eye makeup remover pads. Target’s generic brand remover hurt! But this is the closest thing I can find that is comparable to Bi Facil, but less oily. The bottle is very pretty and modern, and I love that the color is a nice light purple. Whenever there is a sale at Target or I find a coupon for Sonia Kashuk, I stock up!
9. Physician’s Formula Healthy Wear Bronzer in Light – I bought this last year during the CVS winter sale and I generally use this for contouring or if I don’t feel like using blush.
10. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Creme – A must for outdoor use! The cream is a bit thick but sun protection isn’t something you should skimp on.
11. Urban Decay Naked Palette – I recently bought the Naked2 Palette, but for Hawaii I’m bringing this. The Naked2 is separated in half (warm then cool) but I find that the original palette has a nicer warmer tone.