*NOTE: This budget is for shopping/food/gas only, or expense that I can control fully. I’m not including fixed expenses (mortgage, utilities, medical bills) because they’re fixed and honestly pretty boring to talk about. My TOTAL spending is not reflected in this budget. “Food & Dining” = Eating Out + Groceries *
1. Gas & Fuel
2. Toiletries & Cosmetics
- “Dust” nail polish from Urban Outfitters (not online, image here by Project Viv Reviews) – $5.47
- 2 polishes from Rite Aid: Sally Hansen Jewel Overcoat in White Veil and Ring-a-Ding (Instagram pic) – $8.10
- Revlon polish in “Whimsical” (blogged here) and Conair You Curl wand styler from Ulta – $37.87
3. Home Decorating
- Marrakech pillow from Urban Outfitters (Instagram pic) – $11 on clearance
- “Not all who wander are lost” Art Print after $10 in credits from Fab.com (Instagram pic) – $5.45
- Succulent plants from Costco – ~$20
I’m really proud of myself that I didn’t do much spending in the month of April. I’ve been busy taking photos of my place for the TheEverygirl.com home tour (and stressing out about it!) and on the weekends Justin and I have been taking Buddy out to dog friendly outdoor parks and beaches. My mom has moved in temporarily so my groceries spending has been cut severely… I have the greatest mom and I’ve had the pleasure of eating lots of home cooked meals lately.
Next months plans?
- I’m still healing from LASIK! Now that 1 month has passed I can finally RUB MY EYES. YES~!
- From last month, I still haven’t worked on these: I have some DIY painting projects lined up, a few dinosaur figurines,
a skull figurine,my new Be@rbrick, painting the patio furniture from red to black, and painting my thrifted bamboo mirror a red-orange.
- From last month: Create a few more plant arrangements with succulents since Spring is here and summer is right around the corner! 😀
- Workout more, continue to do more outdoor hiking trips with Buddy in tow!
- Plan out some future travel for 2013 (Fiji or New Zealand most likely) and a trip to Disneyland this fall 😀