*NOTE: This budget is for shopping/food/gas only, or expense that I can control fully. I’m not including fixed expenses (mortgage, utilities, medical bills) because they’re fixed and honestly pretty boring to talk about. My TOTAL spending is not reflected in this budget. “Food & Dining” = Eating Out + Groceries *
1. Gas & Fuel
… to be expected.
- Forever 21 Lace crop top (dangit white/cream lace is my weakness.. in fact as I’m typing this I’m wearing a Silence and Noise cream lace top!!) (Instagram pic) – $18.74
- Urban Outfitters clothing haul: 4 tops total (blogged here) – $21
- Goodwill clothing haul: Elizabeth and James top, Juicy Couture yoga jacket, Ann Taylor business pants for my sister (blogged here) – $22.07
- Overstock hiking hat (oops I mislabeled this as clothing. Oh well.)- $14.69
- 6pm Roxy Beach pant – $31.99
- Crossroads clothing haul: BCBG jacket, Forever 21 top (blogged here) – $20.03
3. Toiletries & Cosmetics
- Sephora: Philosophy Turbo Booster C Powder, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Yeyo – $58.46
- Amazon: Cure natural exfoliation gel (Japanese brand) – $33
- Target: NYC Matte polish – $2.07
- TJMaxx: Guerlain Mineral Terra Cotta bronzing powder (blogged here) – $6.48
4. Shoes & Accessories
- Forever 21 necklace in pink & gold – $8
- Urban Outfitters jewelry haul (blogged here) – $19
- Anthropologie Hunter’s Narrative necklace (Instagram pic)(Wearing here) – $32.42
- Forever 21 necklace (Instagram pic) – $9.53
5. Home Decorating
- TJMaxx: Bookends & decor (blogged here) – $45.42
Not great but not terrible either! If you’ve noticed, I don’t count extra side income as an offset to my negative budget results. I try not to rely on that to make myself feel better or else I’ll probably be tempted to spend even more! I’m back to my saving mode again, but sometimes I’ll still get bouts of OMGIWANTTOBUYSOMETHINGRIGHTNOW. Thus the random Forever 21 lace blouse and necklaces. Sigh.
Next months plans?
- My painting projects have been sitting around. Boo. I have some DIY painting projects lined up, a few dinosaur figurines,
a skull figurine,my new Be@rbrick, painting the patio furniture from red to black, and painting my thrifted bamboo mirror a red-orange.
- I’ll try to focus the majority of my spending on credit cards rewards malls instead of brick-and-mortar stores so I can save up for future travel.
- I’ll be booking the Fiji trip hopefully for May 2013 using airline miles and a trip to Disneyland this fall 😀
- I need to write up a blog post about my recent Monterey trip!