*NOTE: This budget is for shopping/food/gas only, or expense that I can control fully. I’m not including fixed expenses (mortgage, utilities, medical bills) because they’re fixed and honestly pretty boring to talk about. My TOTAL spending is not reflected in this budget. “Food & Dining” = Eating Out + Groceries *
1. Food & Dining (this category is eating out PLUS groceries together)
We’re drinking a at least 1 green veggie smoothie every day now so we’re constantly buying produce. We stocked up at Fresh and Easy, Trader Joe’s, and Costco this month.
- American Eagle jeans (for a DIY frayed shorts project) from Goodwill – $5.59
- I’m choosing between 2 bathing suits from ASOS (my choices here) – $67.82
- I bought a Wildfox tank (see here) and a chiffon sweatshirt (see here) using $30 of sellers credit from Crossroads, but I only paid for the tax – $2.37
- I bought a new rash guard for diving/snorkeling for our upcoming Fiji and Hawaii trips from Athleta, as well as an Old Navy coral tank top – total, $50.57
- From Goodwill, a LuluLemon windbreaker (on me, here) and Paper Denim Cloth jeggings – total, $7
- From Goodwill, a Free People lace convertible top (see here) – $7.99
- From TJMaxx, a pair of black Paige ponte leggings for a steal (see here) – $10.86
Ehhh… I think I’m getting a little too excited about beach vacations I probably shouldn’t have bought the rash guard but as soon as I put it on I didn’t want to take it off. Haha. Here’s to hoping I have the willpower to return one of those ASOS bathing suits too. At least I went to two different malls this weekend and I didn’t buy a thing… this number would have been much worse.
Next months plans:
- Spring cleaning will go into full swing… when Justin and I are in Fiji, dad’s going to supervise the kitchen renovation. We’ll have to make room in the garage for materials storage for contractors and we’ll have to tidy up the kitchen to prep for it.
- I need to finish those DIY shorts before we leave for warmer weather
- I’m getting ready to release a giveaway on my YouTube channel
- Hopefully I won’t go to crazy with pre-vacation spending