(Taken from my budget on Mint.com)
*NOTE: This budget is for shopping/food/gas only, or expense that I can control fully. I’m not including fixed expenses (mortgage, utilities, medical bills) because they’re fixed and honestly pretty boring to talk about. My TOTAL spending is not reflected in this budget. “Food & Dining” = Eating Out + Groceries *
1. Gas & Fuel
2. Food & Dining (this category is eating out PLUS groceries together)
We were in Hawaii for 9 nights so eating out was a big expense this month.
- Oversized gray shirt from Moani Yoga – $35.60
- Forever 21 clothing from Honolulu- $31.46
- Brandy Melville clothing from Honolulu – $74.45
- Forever 21 clothing from Honolulu – $60.73 (couldn’t help myself from visiting more than a few times.. it was so close to my hotel! Bah.)
- Brandy Melville shirt – $19.90
- Zara lace shorts – $42.43
- Zara leggings – $39.04
- Ebay rose floral distressed sweater – $10.79
- Sheinside dress – $29.90
5. Shoes and Accessories
- Volcom Flip Flops from Zumies in Honolulu… the sandals I brought weren’t cutting it :T – $10.46
- Vintage 80’s black lambskin mini flap from Ebay Japan – $1080 (a splurge for myself, eeeeep!)
- Cost of authentication from Etinceler Authentications – $6.00
September was a month of minimal spending… October was very spendy for me. Since I’ve increased my income, my spending has followed suit. I know I should increase the budget values but I’m a little afraid of what will happen when I do! After receiving the purse in the mail, I still don’t regret my purchase. I was asking Justin for advice while I was thinking about buying it, and he convinced me to pull the trigger. I’ve been lucky enough with YouTube to achieve a good amount of part time income aside from my full time job, so I think it’ll be ok. I can’t make it a habit, though.
Next months plans:
- No more vacations for the rest of the year! Hopefully that means I can save up and beef up my emergency savings.